Straits Inter Logistics Berhad (SILB) has grown year on year to become one of Malaysia’s leading for its oil trading and bunkering services. Today, we serve a wide base of end-clients across ASEAN region. The team at SILB is young, dynamic and motivated. We strive to maintain a culture of mutual support and respect throughout the organisation. Positions at SILB offer attractive salary and benefit packages.
- Responsible to assist superior in full spectrum of daily finance and accounts operation
- Responsible for full set of accounts for timely month-end, quarterly and year end closing.
- Review of all journals for monthly closing and perform accounts reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statement and management analysis report.
- Processing of accounts in compliance with Group policies and accounting guidelines.
- Ensure strict compliances with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in relation to routine audits and queries.
- Liaise with banker, tax agent and other relevant authorities to ensure financial and legislation compliances.
- Monitor and review the work done by subordinates to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all accounting documentation and records.
- Report to corporate office for the company’s financial and accounting matters.
- To attend monthly management meeting.
- To assist and coordinate on operation related matters.
- To assume other task and roles which could be delegated by the management from time to time.
- Possess professional qualification and/or Degree in Accounting.
- 3 years of commercial experience in full set accounting and monthly management reporting.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and local statutory requirements.
- Good communication skills, analytical skills with attention to detail, and able to interact with all levels.
- Meticulous, result oriented and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Responsible, reliable and independent with positive and proactive attitude.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Develop administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level;
- anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies;
- verifying receipt of supplies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Oversee and supervise the work of junior staff
- Preparing customer orders for shipment.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and repacking for shipments.
- Ability to operate necessary technology including radio frequency scanners, computers, etc. as required.
- Loading and unloading product from trucks or containers.
- Breaking down and separating incoming shipments.
- Moving products to storage areas with proper equipment and expertly stacking and storing the merchandise.
- Picking orders for shipment and assembling various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Counting and verifying freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Following LS&CO. policies and procedures, including all safety rules, requirements and facility housekeeping standards.
- Having the ability to be able to work overtime as required
- Lorry Driver & Workers With License E2/GDL
- Transporting products to and from our customers and suppliers in a timely manner
- Loading and unloading, check items accurately
- Inspection of assigned vehicle(s) for road safety and legality (Puspakom, road tax, etc)
- Maintain assigned vehicle(s) for cleanliness, tidiness and comfort
- Any ad hoc duties as assigned
- Experience in driving and delivery work is an advantage
- Being familiar with roads and locations in Selangor is an advantage
- Being able to plan routes independently is an advantage